He’s there behind the makeup,
looking out from firm foundation,
rosy-tinted lips, emboldened eyes,
beneath the casual hair I happy-finger
absently.
He’s there behind the mirror, smiling,
sorry that I’m sad and knowing
how I hurt and how I hate and wishing
he could wave a wand and make it better
instantly.
I look him in his understanding eyes
and smile, and he smiles back and nods
and gently steps aside to let me pass,
but promises he’ll watch me, love me
constantly.
This is because we wrongly hate the male/female bodies we inhabit. They're part of us. Those are our eyes looking at us. Those are our smiles. Forgive them, love them and say goodbye because as time goes by they'll fade away. But they will always be a part of us, with their good, valid experiences.
Thursday, 28 May 2009
For Elodie and Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment